Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions were originally written in Chinese (Traditional). If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English version and the Chinese version, the Chinese version shall prevail.
LockerLife: L2 LOCKER LIFE LIMITED (“LockerLife”, “we” ,“us”,“our”) ) is a smart locker (“e-Locker”) service provider.
Channels: We operate the website www.lockerlife.hk (“Website”) and LockerLife mobile phone applications (“Apps”) to provide service for our users (“Users”, “you”, “your”). Website and Apps are collectively referred as “Channels”. The contents and materials published on the Channels may include the service introduction of LockerLife or 3rd party service.
Parcel: Parcel means any form of package containing goods or merchandise.
e-Locker: e-Locker is any of self-service automatic terminals mainly for you to temporarily store, and/or receive Parcels. It may obtain
Partner: When you use the service from LockerLife, there may be 3rd party involved in the service. These 3rd parties are referred as our Partners. Partner mainly refers to our partnered logistics service providers (“Carrier”) or merchants.
Personal Information: Personal Information refers to the information that is personally-identifying or potentially personally-identifying. It may includes single information, e.g. mobile phone numbers or multiple information, e.g. email address, user name and password.
These Terms & Conditions is very important to you and us. Our services are provided based on these Terms & Conditions. It sheds the lights on not only our service scope, but also our liability and limitation. By using our service, you have agreed to these Terms & Conditions. Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully.
LockerLife provides parcel service for you. We also promote products for some of our partnered merchants. You may be able to make the purchase on our Channels.
In order to use the LockerLife service and access the materials and contents published on the Channels, you need to (1) be 18 or older, or be 13 or older and have your parent or guardian’s consent to the Agreements, (2) have the power to enter a binding contract with us and not be barred from doing so under any applicable law.
A parcel can only be placed in our e-Lockers only provided that it is carried by LockerLife, our partnered carriers, or partnered merchants. Please ask your shops if they use the service of LockerLife before your process your online purchases.
LockerLife needs your Personal Information to provide you with our services. You promise that any Personal Information that you submit to LockerLife is true, accurate, and complete, and you agree to receive any necessary notification from LockerLife so that we complete the service for you.
Limitation of LockerLife e-Lockers
Two types of e-Lockers
LockerLife has two different types of e-Lockers. The difference lies in the appearance of main kiosks. For one type we call it Big Lockers, for the other type we call it Mini Lockers. Big Lockers have 3 different box sizes while Mini Lockers only have one box size. Currently the Mini Lockers are only available in convenience stores. When you use LockerLife service, please make sure your parcel will fit in the e-Locker that you chose.
Parcel size limit
Any parcel that exceeds the box size will not be able to be carried or stored in our e-Lockers.
- The parcel size limit for Big Lockers is 35 x 37 x 53cm.
- The parcel size limit for Mini Lockers is 15 x 29 x 36cm.
Limitation of e-Locker Locations
Most of our e-Lockers are accessible publicly and open for 24 hours. However, there are exceptions due to the restriction of each location. Please read the details of each locations on our Channels before selecting the e-Lockers.
Our e-Locker boxes can be fully occupied sometimes. When this happens, we and our Carrier may inform you to reschedule the delivery which may cause reasonable delay. When you use our service, you have accepted this normal handling procedure. If you have urgent request, please contact our support team to arrange the faster service for you, and we will always try our best to find the best solution for you.
Other than the items stipulated in clause 3.2, the below items is not suitable to be stored in our e-Lockers.
- Fresh food, any food that can not be stored in normal temperature;
- Any items that are more than 10kgs.
Refusal of Delivery or Storage
Your Parcel(s) may, at our option or at the request of government of of any regulatory authority, be opened and contents inspected by us or our Carrier, even before it is collected. We also reserve the right to reject Parcels based on the limitation in Clause 3 or for reasons of security of safety. You hereby agree that LockerLife and its Carrier may, at its absolute and sole discretion, decline to deliver any Parcel where LockerLife and its Carrier are of the opinion that it is unable to deliver any item safely or legally including, but not limited to the following items:
- explosives, firearms or other offensive weapons, flammable or hazardous materials, poisonous or infectious substances, blood or blood products (whether infectious or not), dangerous or undesirable goods or all items prohibited by the International Air Transport Association, the International Civil Aviation Organization or any relevant government authority or under any applicable law or regulation;
- human or animal remains, memorial tablets or any items for use in religious ceremonies;
- live animals;
- credit cards, debit cards or cash cards;
- currency, or any bearer form negotiable instruments;
- personal documents issued by government authorities such as identification cards, passports, driver’s licences, birth certificates etc.;
- original copies of any record, drawing, document or electronic recording of which duplicates or copies have not been made and kept by you;
- documents containing substantial amount of confidential information;
- precious metals and stones;
- illegal narcotics or drugs;
- any package (or its contents thereof) of a value exceeding HK$10,000; and
- any package that is not safely and/or properly packed.
If you use our transfer service in China, we will refuse to ship the below items as well.
- Items that do not comply with or are prohibited by The Law of Hong Kong, Product Quality Law, Law on the Protection of Consumer Rights and Interests, Foreign Trade Law of the People's Republic of China, Regulation on the Safety Administration of Explosives for Civilian Use, Environmental Protection Law, Regulation of the People's Republic of China on the Administration of the Import and Export of Goods, The Constitution Law of the People's Republic of China and any other national law and regulations;
- The goods that are prohibited under any applicable law or regulations in China or by Hong Kong customs;
- Optical disc or any items that violates any copyright, trademark or intellectual property rights;
- Plants and seeds;
- Electronic products;
- Any powder or liquid;
- Cigarettes, dairy or any other edible product;
In the event that LockerLife and its Carrier discovers during the course of delivery that a Parcel consists of any goods, items, products or materials referred to in Clauses 4 above, LockerLife and its Carrier reserves the right to dispose of the Parcel and/or take appropriate action at your own cost, including reporting the relevant governmental/statutory authority forthwith as it thinks appropriate and shall notify you of the disposal or such action within a reasonable period from the disposal.
You must pick up your parcel within 48 hours after your parcel is placed in our e-Lockers. If you failed to collect your parcel within 48 hours, your parcel may be returned and extra charge may apply at your own cost.
If the delivery failed due to your parcel or a 3rd party, we will notify you within 3 business days after delivery failure. In the event that you do not provide instructions regarding the appropriate action to be taken within a period of 30 days after LockerLife has notified you of a delivery failure, the Parcel may be disposed of by LockerLife at it sole discretion but at your costs. Without prejudice to the foregoing, in the event that the contents of the Parcel are found by LockerLife to be perishable or otherwise susceptible to changes in quality, LockerLife has the right to immediately dispose of the item without waiting for the expiry of the 90-day period. However, LockerLife shall use its commercially reasonable endeavor to notify you upon such disposal.
Limitation of Liabilities
LockerLife shall not be liable for loss or damage arising from or in connection with the following circumstances.
- You have filled in wrong Personal Information when you use LockerLife service;
- You are not entitled to use LockerLife service. e.g. your purchases are not from our partnered merchants or carried by LockerLife or our Carriers;
- LockerLife’s failure to perform any of its obligations hereunder as a consequence of circumstances outside its control, including without limitation any act of God such as weather conditions, flood or earthquake, work stoppages, strikes, industrial disputes, war, any act of government (including delay or confiscation or detention of the Delivery Item by government authority), accidents, traffic obstructions or congestion, mechanical breakdown, or other events; or
- Your Parcel consists of any goods, items, products or materials referred to in Clauses 4 above.
- Any claims for damage to and/or loss of the Parcel must be made within 14 days from the date on which LockerLife accepts for the Parcel for delivery, failing which LockerLife shall have no liability whatsoever.
- All claims must be made in writing, accompanied by the original delivery waybill and other supporting documents requested by LockerLife.
- If LockerLife is satisfied that your claim is justified, LockerLife’s liability for any loss of the Parcel shall be limited to the cost of the Parcel as indicated by you . upon acceptance of the Parcel by LockerLife or HK$500 per Parcel, whichever is lower ("Compensation Limits").
- Claims are limited to one claim per Parcel, settlement of which shall be full and final settlement for all loss or damage in connection therewith.
Service Limitation and Modification
- LockerLife will make reasonable efforts to keep the LockerLife Service operational. However, certain technical difficulties or maintenance may, from time to time, result in temporary interruptions. To the extent permissible under applicable law, LockerLife reserves the right, periodically and at any time, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, functions and features of the LockerLife Service, with or without notice, all without liability to you, except where prohibited by law, for any interruption, modification, or discontinuation of the LockerLife Service or any function or feature thereof.
- We reserve the right to modify and alter the procedures of using LockerLife service depending on technical considerations, in order to improve the performance of our service and ensure their higher safety level.
Third Party Website or Apps
These Terms & Conditions is only applicable to the use and disclosure of information we collect from and about you through the Channels and any other website or commerce solution on which this Terms & Conditions appears. It does not apply to information collected directly by our partners, service providers or any other third party, even if their website links to our website and Apps, or our website and Apps links to their website or Apps. We do not control the terms & conditions of our partners, service providers or other third parties. If you disclose information to any other party, different terms may apply to their use and disclosure of information disclosed to those third parties. Please review the Terms & Conditions posted on each website or Apps you visit.
Personal Privacy & Data
- You agree to our data practices, including the gathering, use, processing, and sharing of your information when you use our services. Your Personal Information may include your name, email address, mobile phone number, address, credit card information and Parcel contents. When you contact our support team, we may collect your Personal Information to process your request.
Terms & Conditions Changes
Although most changes are likely to be minor, LockerLife may change its Terms & Conditions from time to time, and in LockerLife’s sole discretion. LockerLife encourages visitors to frequently check this page for any changes to its Terms & Conditions. Your continued use of this site after any change in this Terms & Conditions will constitute your acceptance of such change.
If you have questions about our Terms & Conditions, please contact our support team.